Aliens at the Underwater Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheNitroxinator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found myself diving at the Catalina Underwater Park this Sunday. I headed out with my camera, and came upon a sight! I saw all of these eggs...I was hovering over them, they had movement inside, so I prepared to take a picture. Out of nowhere, one of them comes up, knocks my reg out and hugs my face! I was somewhat shallow, so I made it to the surface where my buddies took me into shore. The facehugger fell off at that point, and I seemingly recovered. But a few days later...

OctopusHoodedVest-2.jpg

This was airbrushed using Createx acrylic paint. Its been heatset at this point (probably insufficiently) and has had a few coats of "Save Tee" added. It won't hold up forever but my past experience tells me it will last for a while. It unfortunately got pressed into service before it was set last Saturday, I had to redo a bit of work to finish it. But it did officially survive one dive with some fading.

Back
Top Bottom