Alikai adjustments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alphonsis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone had some tips on fitting an Alikai. We've got an XXS, but it still seems too big. Centering the cummerbund on her waist, and tightening the shoulder straps all the way still leaves space above her shoulders.

She's 5'3", 90lbs (95?). The distance from her waist to her shoulders is 13", which seems to be a bit short for the XXS.

On the support plate (?) I see a place for a strap on the bottom of it, and centered. Could this potentially fit a crotch strap, which would help get rid of the play in the shoulder area?

Thanks!

Hello Alphonsis,

I would make sure the cummerbund is not set too high, it would be better to position it lower this way the weights are more centered with your body keeping you more trim while diving. There is elastic on the inside of the cummberbund which will help keep it in place, in addition to the weight integration this should help keep the waist lower. Hopefully this will help with the excess shoulder space.

This space was not specifically designed for the purpose of a crotch strap.
But this is a great idea to incorporate in the future, and i'll make a note.

Hope that helps!
Take care,
Monica
Product Manager
Mares

Monica, thanks for your response!

However, given the shape of her body, between the hips and waist, the elastic cummerbund is having a hard time staying in place, instead of riding up. This isn't as much of an issue when using a wetsuit because the nylon of the neoprene helps create enough friction to keep it in place. However, this is also to be used in fairly tropical waters where she would like the option of diving without a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom