Alkaline batteries at Chedraui/Mega?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reelman1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just want to make sure one or the other sells them? We need "C" and "AA"... thanks!

I have seen C's and AA's as well as other sizes at plenty of places in Cozumel, although they are significantly pricier that what they cost in the US.

Buy them in the states and bring them. I purchased a pack of 14 "C" Duracell batteries at Costco for what a pack of 4 cost me at the Mega last year. Batteries seem to be worth their weight in gold in Coz. Then again, so is lead.

Just don't try to fly out of Mexico with loose batteries in your carryon. This includes still in the wrapper. You will be throwing them away or checking them. Personally I would just buy my standard alkaline batteries on the Island. They have Duracell and they aren't that much more.

If I needed alot of batteries i would do Sams Club on Cozumel
Screenshot_20171121-081004.jpg

I would try to bring any batteries you need with you in your carry on. The 'discount' pricing from Sam's shows how expensive batteries are. Members Mark batteries are equivalent to the batteries from the dollar store and an eighteen pack of AA Duracell's for $299 MXN works out to $15.60 USD. Not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom