All about Oxygen O2 Analyzers, including DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had 3 El Cheapo kits from Oxycheq which have served me well. I keep them on the boat in the van and at the compressor. I check them against a name brand gauge every month and have never seen one with a problem. It’s all in the sensor which oxycheq is a supplier of, for many oxygen monitoring applications.

I was surfing the net and found a new device that let you test the Nitrox % in your tanks one day and it was under the $200 cost line.

And, like the idiot I am, I didnt put the page in my favorites file and cant find it again.

Does anyone know of a nitrox measuring device under $200?

If you mean an o2 analyzer to read the percentage of o2 in a mix in your tanks, John up at Northeast Scuba Supply was selling OMS analyzers for $199 for a while.

www.northeastscubasupply.com

Larry M once bubbled...
Well using my PrO2 Oxygen Analyzer ( 8 months old) On my Nitrox Membrane system I noticed that the oxygen reading at the PrO2 Oxygen Analyzer was over 40% and starting to fluctuate wildly from 38% to the 40s this didn't seem right for the settings on the system so I checked with the second PrO2 Oxygen Analyzer and it showed a steady 38% I changed out the bad PrO2 Oxygen Analyzer and found that it was giving false readings of about 5% when testing tanks and would fluctuate wildly when Analyzing on the Nitrox system ....Interestingly it would appear normal for a few readings and then fail it wasn't dropped or damaged in any way and just started suddenly doing this .....has anyone had similar problems with the PrO2 Oxygen Analyzer
This usually indicates an almost dead battery, I know the unit is only a few months old, but you have no idea how old the battery is...

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom