All inclusive in Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife is from San Juan, so I've been to PR quite a few times. But we've always stayed with her family. This Feb we are going down again, but just us. No kids, no parents, no Aunts, and Uncles (or tios, and tias if you will).
Are there any all inclusive resorts near some decent diving spots? I was hoping to stay in either Ponce, or Aguadilla.
Gracias

The two all-inclusives that I have heard about are a Gran Melia in Rio Grande and the Copamarina in Guanica. I have not stayed at either. There are a few dive operators in Guanica that have received good reviews on this forum. I can understand the appeal of all-inclusive or B&Bs. On Puerto Rico, if you are open to it, there are so many places to eat all over the island. Whether it's road side pincho stands, seafood joints, or colonial restaurants. And...if you ever get "nostalgic" and want McDonalds, you can find those. It's a great island for food.

I can understand the appeal of all-inclusive or B&Bs.
[-]My wife[/-]We've decided that we don't care about all inclusive any more. I'll be happy with a place on the beach
On Puerto Rico, if you are open to it, there are so many places to eat all over the island. Whether it's road side pincho stands, seafood joints, or colonial restaurants.
True. Some of the best food I've had down there has been from a road side place. And they all serve the Puerto Rican beer Medalla.
And...if you ever get "nostalgic" and want McDonalds, you can find those.
I have to disagree with this one. I couldn't find a decent cup of coffee anywhere on that island.

I live here and have been diving all around the island, not every where but am getting around to most of the good places. If you are coming down to dive and see the sights you might want to move around. Rent a car and travel every few days to another site...... The north coast is not that good due to the shelf but I do dive there sometimes just as a change of pace.

Fajardo has some nice places around lobos, Go to Culebra island and spend a couple of days there it is beautiful. Go over to Vieques and she can get a dose of Hotel life for a day or 2 at the W Retreat & Spa.

Here is a link to the hotel listings on the island.....
Vieques hotel guide, Isla de Vieques

Then go to the SW side and dive the wall in La Parguera West divers is good for that.
West Divers PR

The go up to Rincon and go Taino Divers and go out to Desecheo Island ..... Ask to dive on yellow coral.... This is all depending on the weather in the Mona.......
Rincon, Puerto Rico, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Fishing, Rentals, Rincon, Desecheo, Mona, West Coast

Hope that helps you from a stranded Gringo on the Island....

Hey stranded Gringo (Bhtmec2), where would you suggest for inshore kayak fishing? Bringing inlaws that don't dive and want to keep all happy :).

kevreid
Then go to the SW side and dive the wall in La Parguera West divers is good for that.
West Divers PR. The town of Guanica is where you can go.......

Bioluminescent Bay at La Parguera, Puerto Rico

Great mangrove's right off the docks, pay a skiff to take them to one of the little islands/sand bars and they can hang out and swim, drink of rent a kayak and fish there......... you will depart and return right where they are....

Fajardo is also good and they have Bio ilimunecents that are great but check the state of the moon.....

Fajardo bio bay /bioluminescent lagoon kayak tours

Island Adventures Biobay Tours, Vieques Island - Puerto Rico

I have to disagree with this one. I couldn't find a decent cup of coffee anywhere on that island.

:rofl3: That's pretty funny!

Good coffee places are hard to find in PR...which is odd because Alto Grande is one of the top coffees in the world and it's grown there.

One of my favorite coffee places is Bocatas in San German, a small city a little northwest of La Parguera. Go down the 116 towards Cabo Rojo and look for the turn off. If I remember correctly, it's either off the main plaza or a block away. They have great coffee as well as espressos, and all the other stuff. I'll be there in a few weeks!

:coffee:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom