Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So,the minority partner at Add helium is in a legal action with Peter Sotis, the managing partner.

Among a bunch of allegations in the court filing is that Sotis bought non DOT certified tanks and sold them, altering the tanks to appear DOT certified.

If you have purchased a tank from Add Helium I would strongly advise you look into if your tank is DOT legal or not.

If you want to see for yourself the allegations (and that is only the tip of the iceberg) go to

Broward County Clerk of Courts - Home

Look up Peter Sotis and click thru to the only non traffic case and read the large PDF complaint

Case number CACE16023011

Shawn Robotka Plaintiff vs. Kaizen Solutions International LLC, et al Defendant

If the tank allegations are true it says volumes about Sotis, if the allegations he knowingly sold CCR's in open defiance of the US government to a known militant in Libya is true it makes him a traitor as well.

Last edited:
Or hes innocent...until.....

Reactions: Jax
Indeed, that said, the allegations,coming from his partner, and the possibility that people have the tanks in question made me decide it was worthwhile to get a "heads up"out there.

Well... read the complaint... apparently the FBI got involved. Seems like there may be some evidence that is backed up by a third party (in this case a govt. agency).

Well... read the complaint... apparently the FBI seized the shipment of rebreathers bound for Libya and even had a meeting prior to the shipment date where they informed Add Helium the shipment, is in fact, illegal.
Tried to seize,after Add Helium was told it was illegal,Sotis shipped them anyhow..so alleged in the complaint

what did he do? import them from europe?
I would bet Asia,I get offers on Asian tanks all the time ...yet when I insist to see the DOT cert.. they never provide.

I know of one asian company that makes DOT cert alm 80's and 60's...but the MOQ is brutal.

The factory needs to buy DOT certified alm stock to make the DOT certified tanks, and the MOQ for the raw material is high

If the allegations are true, then the manufactures or the Rebreathers and DPV's will be having an unhappy time. Given an authorised dealer is an appointed representative the manufacturer has to prove that their products were intended for a proper customer, and they had no knowledge of the export.

Easier said than done.

also alleges he embezzled money (used company funds for personal use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom