Allianz Travel insurance experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that is a huge bummer. I hope you're okay now. I have not looked at Allianz closely but of the ones that I have read fine print for, including my specific credit card coverage, DAN travel insurance and Dive Assure travel insurance, that is not the case (thankfully). How long ago was this? You may still have recourse with your credit card coverage.

December 2-9, 2018. I don't understand about credit card coverage. Can you expand a bit?

I don't understand about credit card coverage. Can you expand a bit?

Many cards cover things like trip cancellation/interruption, trip delay, baggage delay, lost baggage, travel accident insurance, and car rental (primary worldwide, secondary in the U.S.) when you've used your card to pay for a flight. Not sure if it's for other modes of transportation. An exception is if you've booked a flight using miles; then they don't allow you coverage through the card.

If the CC companies still send info with your credit card, it will provide the particulars.

Many cards cover things like trip cancellation/interruption, trip delay, baggage delay, lost baggage, travel accident insurance, and car rental (primary worldwide, secondary in the U.S.) when you've used your card to pay for a flight. Not sure if it's for other modes of transportation. An exception is if you've booked a flight using miles; then they don't allow you coverage through the card.

If the CC companies still send info with your credit card, it will provide the particulars.
Dial the phone number on the back of your credit card and ask to speak with an insurance support person. They can answer any questions you have.

In general the "free" credit card insurance is worth every penny you paid for it...my cards only have trip continuation coverage for personal medical events...nothing more.

Correct. Mine includes more than just flights. It includes accommodations, tours, rental cars, etc. For one of my cases, I had a prepaid dive package and my flight was cancelled. I was put on the next one out. I made a claim and they paid for my extra overnight stay and incidentals (meals, transport) and reimbursed me for my late arrival (prorated to refund me for the day I missed) for the package which included meals, diving, room, etc. I know mine also covers cancelled trips due to health issues especially when advised by a doc to not go or when it’s not possible to go. Look into it! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom