Aloha nui loa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rushonthebeach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,
While going thru some of the threads WNY and Depew caught my eye. I grew up in Depew but have lived in San Diego for a long while now.I still marvel at the crappy weather and endless snow there.I try to make it back home at least once a year to visit family. It would be great if I could hook up with some local divers and make some bubbles on the trip. All my diving so far has been in San Diego and Hawaii.My new son in law dives and will be moving to Washington from Guam in a few months so I'll get a chance to visit and explore Puget Sound . Here's my first question..........Could I get away with a 7mm suit during the summer there? Where do ya'll dive in WNY? Anyway.....hope to pop in this area of the board more frequently and eventually meet some of you over time.

7mm suit is all I use here!! We dive in Lake Ontario, Erie and St Lawrence River. Oh and "the Create" in Canadaguia Lake.

hnladue:
7mm suit is all I use here!! We dive in Lake Ontario, Erie and St Lawrence River. Oh and "the Create" in Canadaguia Lake.

Create? Don't you mean Crate? :D :wink:

ya ya ... bad day.... mind fried.

I use a 7 mil and if it gets cold then I put a 7 mil vest over the top. Thats what I dove in Catalina and was comfy. I just got a dry suit to extend my season and since I'm working on instructor I'll be in the water a lot longer.

I'm just south of Rochester but you'll find divers from all over WNY in this forum.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom