Alor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,
What are the diving and accommodation options for Alor ?seems to be considerably more expensive than diving in the homestays at RA.
I will be in RA and Indo for 4/5 weeks in August, what are the alternatives for R4 if the wind is blowing hard ?
I'm thinking of Alor also , anywhere else ?

An inexpensive option for Alor is where I typically stay/dive La Petite Kepa Alor Diving Kepa - Diving and Accommodation in Alor . Basic, yet comfortable accommodation, good food, excellent guides, particularly for the muck sites in the Bay. Highly Recommend. Have also stayed one of what i think are only two other options outside of Kalabahi, Eco Resort Alor Divers - Eco resort- Alor Archipelago - Indonesia, also rescommended but more expensive. Another budget option would be staying in Kalabahi and diving with Thomas, the operator there.Tauchen in Alor, not as recommended as, among other things, you've got long boat rides out to almost any site

One more option is Alami Alor, a new dive resort. Alma is located on the shore of Kalabahi Bay, Alor. Alami Alor is a bit more upscale resort. best diving, charlie

Note - Thanks Luko for pointing out my egregious typo.

Last edited:
Alami Alor is a great resort in all aspects. Accommodates only 8 divers, so need to book WAY in advance. Only saw 7 rhinopias last year. Going back in Oct. (Water can be a bit chilly off Pantar Island thou.)

Alami Alor is a great resort in all aspects. Accommodates only 8 divers, so need to book WAY in advance. Only saw 7 rhinopias last year. Going back in Oct. (Water can be a bit chilly off Pantar Island thou.)

Last summer, the water temps varied from 19*C to 28*C.

Kepa looks lovely, no indication on prices though, can you give me some idea of the budget option and the diving costs please ? also do you visit the same sites, access all the good places fromo this location ? thanks so much for your help.

Found the prices now ! Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom