Alum 40 02 Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004 please elaborate on what your 02 concentrator is and how you use it to fill your own tanks.

tbone1004 please elaborate on what your 02 concentrator is and how you use it to fill your own tanks.
Workbench Update!

It is an invacare homefill oxygen concentrator and 3-stage compressor designed for filling at-home oxygen bottles. I made a fill whip for it and hook it up. Pretty simple.

@tbone1004

I've read that those only remove the nitrogen. Do you do any additional filtering to remove CO2, CO, and other impurities? I'm not sure I would want to use it for a deep mix as is.

@jvogt they only take out N2, correct. This is the standard means of producing oxygen in most of the world, but is typically done by monstrous PSA machines. In the US we distill the gas out which allows us high purity, but if you would use a membrane, this is the same concept.

On the filtration discussion. I don't do any extra filtration when using it for partial pressure blending or breathing OC. When used in 50% or lower, the percentages of CO2 and CO *shouldn't be any CO unless it's being taken in by the compressor from the atmosphere, it is all oil-less compressors* are both lower than breathing gas limits. Anything that goes through the compressor will obviously be filtered and if you have CO2 filters on your compressor then it all comes down.
On 100%, the CO2 is a bit higher than the breathing gas limits, but I've never had an issue on deco with it. The military uses it without filtration in their O2 breathers as well.
Now, I have CO2 zeolites in my filter stack so it takes the CO2 out in addition to the nitrogen, but nothing else is in there that I'm actually concerned about. SSZ-13 is kind of hard to get though, I got some from a work buddy, but for "normal" applications, I'd use it to make 100%, then send it through the compressor to make EAN32. Only time you'd have anything not filtered is for 100% and 50%, and it's not really an issue IME for that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom