Always feel the cold wearing a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Polartec does not lose it's insulative capabilities when wet (The fact that I'm still alive to post attests to that) and it's well worth it, it's thickness does determine how warm it will be. You might want to consider hitting some of the mountaineering outfitters and look for a 200 weight stretch fleece top and bottom. It would be ideal to wear under what you have now, adds almost nothing to bulk, does not "clump up" and adds minimal bouyancy for the warmth provided.

A few other people have mentioned dry gloves, but keeping the extremities warm in general will help you. In addition to the DC drygloves, I bought a custom Otter Bay 12mm hood. The combination of the thicker neoprene and the custom fit (practically zero water intrusion into the hood) virtually eliminates heat loss from the head which helps me feel warmer overall.

The undergarments and hoods, gloves are all good suggestions.

Be well hydrated and rested before the dive if you can. If you drink too much, well, my response "depends".

Stay warm before the dive. Avoid getting dressed exposed to elements if you have the option. The more comfortable you are pre dive, the better off you will be in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom