Am i bent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rrutecky

Registered
Reaction score
question for those on here that are experts:

I did a series of 2 AM dives 2 days ago (only one day of diving total). First was 80 feet for 50 minutes and second (after an hour surface interval) was 60 feet for 50 minutes. Both dives i ascended slowly and took over 5 minute safety stops at 20 feet. I flew home yesterday (exactly 24 hours after surfacing after the second dive).

I had no symptoms yesterday before, during, or after the flight but today when i woke up I am feeling a little dizzy and short of breathe (maybe freaking out i dunno). I also have a lot of tightness in my calves but thought that was just from the exercise of diving.

I did cramp up a little and had had some alcohol the day/night before (I know not smart) so i was probably somewhat dehydrated-even though i did also drink a lot of water etc.

Most things i read say you will feel symptoms almost immediately or at least within 12 hours or so. This is like 36+ hours after diving.

What should i do at this point?

The big question here is what gas are you using, air or nitrox??

With those profiles and the delay in onset of symptoms, DCS is highly unlikely. I would seek the advice of a physician and perhaps make a call to DAN just to be on the safe side.

call DAN 1-919-684-4326. They will accept collect calls.

If you haven't already, go ahead and call. It'll help calm your mind.
I am not an expert, but you are probably not bent.
Fatigued? A bit dehydrated? More likely, but if you have questions, call the experts!

Let us know how it goes!

I was just using air, no nitrox

With those profiles and the delay in onset of symptoms, DCS is highly unlikely. I would seek the advice of a physician and perhaps make a call to DAN just to be on the safe side.

Really?

I haven't looked at any tables but at first glance, those seem like long, deep dives that might put a diver close to the end of the "safe range" of air NDLs.

Well, assuming a square profile, you did exceed the NDL, but I still doubt it's DCS. Have you called DAN yet?

CALL DAN!!!! Nothing to lose evewrything to gain. That is why they are there!

Really?

I haven't looked at any tables but at first glance, those seem like long, deep dives that might put a diver close to the end of the "safe range" of air NDLs.

My opinion and advice remain unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom