Am I missing something with the Aqualung 470?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeisurePro has OCi for $500. Unless one has an unhealthy addiction to Bluetooth, or the brand, it's hard to see why pick an i470 over it for the same money.
Why? They are both made by the same company, I can get the 470 for $440 locally (I presume others can get it locally for same or less) and it’s air integrated with purchase of transmitter which I can get for $200.

Why? They are both made by the same company, I can get the 470 for $440 locally (I presume others can get it locally for same or less) and it’s air integrated with purchase of transmitter which I can get for $200.

Fair enough. I suspect those who can't get a hundred bucks off at the LDS would choose the oceanic for its dual-algorithm and compass. (It is air integrated and takes the same transmitter, in case you didn't notice.)

Fair enough. I suspect those who can't get a hundred bucks off at the LDS would choose the oceanic for its dual-algorithm and compass. (It is air integrated and takes the same transmitter, in case you didn't notice.)
D as I then in your opinion, you think it comes down to not having duel algorithms? I thought maybe it was a reliability issue or a operating issue.

Was supposed to say “So then in your opinion”...... is there an edit feature somewhere?

I think the OCi may be up for an upgrade to Bluetooth, etc. We'll see. You don't seem to get the differences in the deco algorithms. If PZ+ is OK, go with Aqua Lung.

I think the OCi may be up for an upgrade to Bluetooth, etc. We'll see. You don't seem to get the differences in the deco algorithms. If PZ+ is OK, go with Aqua Lung.
I get it, I just don’t know if it will really affect me with the amount and type of diving I do.

I get it, I just don’t know if it will really affect me with the amount and type of diving I do.

For the same money I'd choose DSAT and compass over Bluetooth. At $50 difference I'd hesitate if I also had to buy a $40 compass. Speaking purely hypothetically of course: if it was me buying today, I'd be looking at perdix ai myself.

For the same money I'd choose DSAT and compass over Bluetooth. At $50 difference I'd hesitate if I also had to buy a $40 compass. Speaking purely hypothetically of course: if it was me buying today, I'd be looking at perdix ai myself.
. The perdix looks awesome as does the peregrine but not wrist watch sized. As to the Bluetooth, seems like people who have it really enjoy being able to utilize it.

. The perdix looks awesome as does the peregrine but not wrist watch sized. As to the Bluetooth, seems like people who have it really enjoy being able to utilize it.
Yeah, Bluetooth can be useful, but depends on the individual.

My first DC (Oceanic ProPlus 2) had logging capabilities, but I never logged a single dive fro it as the cable was over $100, and I was poorer then. My next computer (Oceanic VT4) came with the cable, and I started logging each dive electronically on my home computer. My current computer (SW Perdix) is Bluetooth, so I started logging each dive in real-time during the SI. The app I use grabs the coordinates using my phone’s location and logs with the dive. That’s useful if a particular dive site has multiple individual locations.

Nothing at all wrong with the AL. As mentioned, PZ+ is a bit more conservative than DSAT on first dives. FWIW, my daughters are both using Oceanic computers. I have theirs using PZ+.

Yeah, Bluetooth can be useful, but depends on the individual.

My first DC (Oceanic ProPlus 2) had logging capabilities, but I never logged a single dive fro it as the cable was over $100, and I was poorer then. My next computer (Oceanic VT4) came with the cable, and I started logging each dive electronically on my home computer. My current computer (SW Perdix) is Bluetooth, so I started logging each dive in real-time during the SI. The app I use grabs the coordinates using my phone’s location and logs with the dive. That’s useful if a particular dive site has multiple individual locations.

Nothing at all wrong with the AL. As mentioned, PZ+ is a bit more conservative than DSAT on first dives. FWIW, my daughters are both using Oceanic computers. I have theirs using PZ+.
Been thinking more about the different algorithms. Can anybody help me distinguish between the two in terms of real world time differences. Say if a guy was strolling along at 75’ for a bit, how many minutes shorter would his dive be with the PZ+ algorithm? Also, is the PZ+ algorithm more or less conservative than a Sunnto algorithm? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom