Am I the only one using Atlas gloves with Si tech oval rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
The gloves work great with or without the seal and the rings have a similar, slightly smaller, "footprint" (albeit fixed), than my ZipSeals. I keep reading that you can only use "pullover" gloves with the oval rings, which is wrong.

Last edited:
Atlast Gloves? The Smurf Blue gloves? Are you using those that have a built in cone shape latex seal? How is that working for you? How are difficult/easy are they to don/doff? Can you show a picture of your configuration?

Thanks,
Claude

Atlast Gloves? The Smurf Blue gloves? Are you using those that have a built in cone shape latex seal? How is that working for you? How are difficult/easy are they to don/doff? Can you show a picture of your configuration?

Thanks,
Claude

Smurf gloves, Paint stripping gloves, Red Home Depot PVC gloves....they all work. No built in seal, but you can use them with a seal if you want. I can see I'm going to have to post pictures.

dry_gloves.JPG

---------- Post added ----------

LEFT: glove with no seal doubled up on itself between inner and outer cuff ring.

RIGHT: glove with silicone seal (or without, depending on thickness of glove).

Both glove rings are press-fit into existing ZipRings. I may just go ahead and glue them.

Last edited:
Hi Evad:

From the picture, I take it that the gloves are a semi-permanent fixture of the drysuit? I mean that you leave them installed on the suit, unless removal is necessary for maintenance. Do you have any problems donning the glove, when you're using it with the silicone seal? I would think that the friction between the silicone seal and the glove liner would make it very difficult to don.

The glove is sandwiched between the outer cuff, the silicone seal and the internal ring right?

Claude

Hi Evad:
From the picture, I take it that the gloves are a semi-permanent fixture of the drysuit? I mean that you leave them installed on the suit, unless removal is necessary for maintenance.

Do you have any problems donning the glove, when you're using it with the silicone seal? I would think that the friction between the silicone seal and the glove liner would make it very difficult to don.

The glove is sandwiched between the outer cuff, the silicone seal and the internal ring right?

Claude

Hi Evad:
Q: From the picture, I take it that the gloves are a semi-permanent fixture of the drysuit? I mean that you leave them installed on the suit, unless removal is necessary for maintenance. "

A:They are only press-fit for now and I remove them after every dive for suit drying.

Q: " Do you have any problems donning the glove, when you're using it with the silicone seal? I would think that the friction between the silicone seal and the glove liner would make it very difficult to don."

A: I don't use the seals, but just tried it again using an un-cut silicone seal and it is a little stuffy in there until you assert yourself. Then they're fine.
Removal, grasping the tip of the PVC glove, is very easy. If I were going to use seals with the gloves, I would probably cut them back a bit.

Q: "The glove is sandwiched between the outer cuff, the silicone seal and the internal ring right?"

A: Right.

dryglove4.JPG

Last edited:
I realize this is an ancient thread, but are you (or anyone else for that matter) still using this system? What was your ultimate success rate in terms of dry dives with it? I'd be curious to know as well if you tried out any other types of gloves with this system.

I just got a drysuit with the SiTech oval ring system pre-installed and am skeptical about buying the Antares system as the reviews for it are less than stellar. This seems like a cheap, easy fix to a dry glove system using my current oval rings...

I gave up after repeated breakage of the locking tabs. Maybe they've fixed the frailty problem, although they never admitted there was a problem. I went back to home-made Zip gloves and have not missed the clunky hard rings at all. You just have to remember to put the gloves on last before zipping up the suit (I put the neck seal on second to last so can I sort it out with bare hands).

I went back to home-made Zip gloves

By home-made Zip gloves do you mean the gloves in the above post (i.e. the Atlas gloves placed in the oval rings) or something else?

I broke a couple of the tabs as well and had gloves pop off in the water too many times. I got rid of the Si Tech rings and used my old Diving Concepts rings instead. I haven't had a leak in the last 100 dives.

Back
Top Bottom