Am I the only one using Atlas gloves with Si tech oval rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every glove I tried was too thick for the Anteres system, in spite of their videos showing Atlas gloves. I think a set of Apollo Bio Seals would work better for you. They fit between your skin and the seals and I've never heard of anyone having a leak using them.
Dive Bio Seals | Apollo USA Scuba

"Too thick" - so the glove material was too thick to place between the seal rings and you weren't able to close the two?

...Sounds like I simply need to find a glove with the same relative thickness as a latex seal.

I appreciate the Bio Seal suggestion, but I'm going to take a big pass on that. Drysuits for work are already too complex. I refuse to add complexity in an effort to make things simpler. Sorry, it's a philosophical thing. :)

Sounds like my approach may be unique then... Setting up a pair of dry gloves to work like wet gloves. Doesn't sound like it'd make much sense to those who dive for fun and are looking for dry glove benefits... But for those of us who eat gloves daily and still want dry hands and arms, this may work.

If not... I may ditch the whole drysuit for work concept and just install a hot water shower in a trailer for winter diving. Not joking.

Those could replace the standard latex seal and are probably thin enough to not cause issues with donning.

No need to have a quick-release glove.

You'd simply wear an overglove for warmth and/or protection.

I had a lot of difficulty getting gloves to fit between the rings, but even when I did they would pop off the suit oval ring once I was in the water. I pulled the oval ring out of the suit and noticed that the rubber ring glued to the inside of the suit would hold a set of round rings if I installed a set of wrist seals in them. Although they would keep my arms from flooding if I tore a glove I hate pulling the suit off with wrist seals so I cut the seals out, leaving enough under the round ring to keep the water from getting in. I then simply pop on a pair of gloves with glove-side rings attached and I'm good to go.

The water I dive in is high 40s to mid 50s so i wear a liner under the thick gloves.

I've found that gauntlet gloves work very well and are generally cheaper that Atlas gloves.

Wells Lamont Farm PVC Gloves

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
Hunh? You lost me.

If I remove the hard plastic oval ring - with seal - the remaining part that's glued to the suit is actually a soft, round ring.

You're saying that that ring will hold a round SiTech ring if there's a seal - or part of a seal - in there?

I understand that the oval rings and the round rings are too different to be compatible.

Yes, it will. Put a wrist seal on the inner ring and it will pop right into place. It works with most round rings as well.

qy2ejuda.jpg

Diving Concepts

pulover-glove-rings.png

Si Tech

dry-glove-rings-1-lg.jpg

Bare

virgo_4_web.jpg

Si Tech Virgo

Last edited:
...So I don't need to change the suit to retrofit round rings? I can just buy the round rings and install a seal - for example - and I'm good to go?

...Then an option would be to retrofit a pair of SiTech's Quick Gloves?

I could use a Quick Glove rather than an Antares without modifying the suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom