Ambassador Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefgirl64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're getting ready for our GC trip in a week & was wondering if anyone had heard of "Ambassador Divers"? They are supposedly the "onsite" dive shop located on or near Comfort Suites, where we'll be staying. I didn't even know that when we booked, just found out.
Thanks for any input on Anything on GC, by the way. :)

Ambassador is a very good dive operation.I have dove with them many times and would highly recomend them.The owner Jason is a very nice guy.

thanks EastEnd! We'll definitely try them out!

Hey Reefgirl64

Been diving with Jason for many years. You will have a great time I'm sure!

We are packing for an early June trip....cant wait to dive the new wreck!!!

Yes they are onsite at Comfort Inn Suite (which is lovely from the outside by the way). Great op, tight ship, on time, safety conscious. Boats well maintained, clean and substantial (Parker is a good sturdy craft). I did a girls week in 2009 - 2 divers, 2 non-divers. The non-divers did a Discover Scuba course and while I'm not a proponent of creating insta-divers, DM/Instructor Martin took great care of my friends. They were able to do 2 (Shallow) dives with us and thoroughly enjoyed it. We also had a blast hanging out with the crew our last night till the wee hours... Below is the summary from my Trip Report:

OVERALL we did 8 dives and a 3 stop stingray sandbar snorkel trip over 4 days. Fills ran between 2800 and 3100 psi. Times ran between 26 and 52 min. Water temp 84 to 87 degrees. Depths 47 to 108 feet. Exposure suits rash guard and board shorts or just bathing suit. Every dive started with the features of the boat and a thorough site briefing. I was usually first in, last out with 1500 psi remaining, never approached deco mode, kept conservative profiles and practiced deep stops. Surface intervals 40 to 57 minutes. We found the folks at Ambassador very professional and also very entertaining. We had the opportunity to dive with Martin, Ash, Larry and new minted DM Gina and found all, while very different personalities, truly enjoyable to be around. Always on time and ready to roll. I was in the water by 8:50 am and usually back to the condo around 11:30 am leaving us plenty of time with the non-divers. Non divers intro to scuba a big success and the rental gear looked to be brand new!

Back
Top Bottom