Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jusr tell the resort that you have knees and back problem and you want a guide who can help you to carry the gear in and out from the water.
Even without gear, could also difficult during high surf.
Alternatively, ask them to use jukung (small traditional boat) for a small extra cost to drop and pick you up.
Few dive resort further away such as scuba seraya use boat to dive tulamben sites.

Thanks for the input. I really don't know if I want to work that hard to get in and out. But I do so much want to dive in Tulamben. Got to think about this some more. :)

Jusr tell the resort that you have knees and back problem and you want a guide who can help you to carry the gear in and out from the water.
Alternatively, ask them to use jukung (small traditional boat) for a small extra cost to drop and pick you up.
Few dive resort further away such as scuba seraya use boat to dive tulamben sites.

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback! :)

This is actually a standard procedure for the shore dives in Bali, at least from our standards. Eventually, depending on the water conditions ( waves specially ) equipment can always be put on and off on the surface.

I didn't stay at Liberty Dive Resort but I did dive that site a number of times.

The beach is rocky, as in loose rocks and I came to nickname it "ankle-breaker beach" however I saw lots of people entering/exiting the water while their guide carried their gear into/out of the water for them. This, so I'm told is a very common practice as there are a fair number of older people staying and diving in Tulamben.

There's even a rope that stretches across the beach and into the water so you can pull yourself out of the water.

I even heard a story about an 86 year old Swiss woman who dives Tulamben every year and that story was told to me by a 75 year old German woman who was sitting on the beach waiting for her guide.

Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering how your experience was with Liberty Dive Resort. I'm considering diving with them in the summer. Were all the dives shore dives? I've got some back and knee problems lately and have wondered if shore diving would be too difficult. It has been years since I did any shore diving. Any comments about the dive resort (good/bad) would be useful as well. Thanks!
I am just back from a week at LDR. I really enjoyed it. Having a travel BCD , with only half a backplate , moving far out of the water is hard ! I had two different guides and both readily agreed to take my gear into the water and out again. I saw several other divers also being helped by their guides.People with large camera rigs also got whatever help they needed. Obviously the tip reflected the extra help and . Most days we did muck dives on the excellent slope sites like Melasti.

Back
Top Bottom