American Airlines Fare Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are seats at the "starting from" prices, even if they are just a few on select flights and dates.

Where the "starting from" amount is the bottom line, all charges included? Hand them $99 and get on the plane? Color me skeptical. ;^)

Where the "starting from" amount is the bottom line, all charges included? Hand them $99 and get on the plane? Color me skeptical. ;^)

Of course not... that's what the fine print if for! :eyebrow:

That's why I like searching for air with SideStep. The price they show me is inclusive of the taxes and fees. When you go to the airline sites or booking sites, you see the fare and have to go through selecting flights to see what you're really going to be paying.

There are actually some good deals for this fare sale that I have found in September. Los Angeles to Freeport, Bahamas for $421 ($300 + taxes). Also found similar deals under $400 to cabo san lucas and some of the other places.

I don't care much for american airlines either, but that's not too bad a deal in my book.

This is what I managed to get from Newark, NJ the 3rd week of October..

Fare Summary
Average Fare per Person: Departure - 235.00 USD Return - 235.00 USD
Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult
Departure Fare per Person 235.00 USD
Return Fare per Person 235.00 USD
Total Fare per Person 470.00 USD
Additional Taxes and Fees per Person * 113.10 USD
Total Price 583.10 USD

$583 including taxes and fees isn't too bad these days..
It's a sad when I get excited about a $600 flight!!!

There are actually some good deals for this fare sale that I have found in September. Los Angeles to Freeport, Bahamas for $421 ($300 + taxes). Also found similar deals under $400 to cabo san lucas and some of the other places.

I don't care much for american airlines either, but that's not too bad a deal in my book.

That is really good seeing that I'm going to Freeport in a month and our tickets were $941 for the two of us. FROM NEW YORK!!!!

If you all don't mind me throwing my two-cents into this conversation...we have recently learned of an airline that flies out of Austin and offers some very good fares. The airline is Viva Aerobus...they fly direct to several locations in Mexico, but really the only we care about is the one that gets us to Cozumel. They only fly direct to Cancun from Austin...you can go on their site and pull up the fares for any day of the month as they post the rate for virtually every day of the year...the fares (without all the extra charges, etc) for many, many days in September, October, and November are ranging from $9.99 up to $119.99 each way, with most days being in the $9.99 to $19.99 range. Even with all the taxes, surcharges, etc. the final total for a roundtrip ticket is coming out as low as $189.99 to $249.99. They allow free of charge a 55lb checked bag and a 22lb carry-on. An additional bag, such as scuba gear, is only an extra $10 charge. I am a certifiable skeptic and I thought all this was too good to be true, but we have recently had several friends use this airline and they have were very happy with it. We live in San Antonio and really don't like having to go through Cancun, but for the price it is almost a no-brainer. It is just a short drive up to Austin and fairly short, inexpensive trip to Playa using either the collectivo service or the bus line. What makes it better is that they get to Cancun pretty early, around 10:30, 11:00, somewhere in there...you could be in Cozumel by noon or 1:00. Anyway, just thought I would throw that information out there for anybody who wants it. If any of you have additional information about the airline or this flight, or have used them before I would definately hear more about it.

"The down side to these "lower" fares is that you have to fly American Airlines. That means $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second bag EACH WAY."

Check AA website - International (includes Caribbean and Mexico) - no additional charge for baggage. 2 bags 50 pounds each, no extra charge

US, US Virgin Islands, Peurto Rico and Canada - baggage fees apply

...ranging from $9.99...

This is the kind of stuff (from them, not from you) that just drives me nuts. THERE IS NO $10 FLIGHT TO CANCUN! IMO, airlines should be required to advertise the REAL PRICE for a plane ride, as in how much actual cash money I have to give them to take me where I want to go and bring me back. Who the #$%#@ cares how much of it is taxes, airport fees, fuel surcharges, etc.? The sole purpose of this blsht way of doing business is to make it difficult for the customer to comparison shop.

</rant>

ggunn:
This is the kind of stuff (from them, not from you) that just drives me nuts. THERE IS NO $10 FLIGHT TO CANCUN! IMO, airlines should be required to advertise the REAL PRICE for a plane ride, as in how much actual cash money I have to give them to take me where I want to go and bring me back. Who the #$%#@ cares how much of it is taxes, airport fees, fuel surcharges, etc.? The sole purpose of this blsht way of doing business is to make it difficult for the customer to comparison shop.

</rant>

AMEN!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom