American visiting Indo 30-60 days. What are tourist VISA requirements?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings, all ...

I've been to Indo seven times in the last ten years, but max 29 days per trip. I hope to come for most of September and October this year, and I'm assuming I still have to apply in advance for a visa to cover that. I'm looking for some clear direction for the process. Can someone direct me to some good links that explain the process? As an aside, I'm a real tightwad and don't have cash to throw around, so I want to make this a DIY process.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Highdesert,

As Billt4sf said, you can have a 60 days Visa on arrival at the airport.

However, regarding the DIY process, if it's not too expensive, I suggest you take an agent in Bali to avoid having to go three times to the immigration. The usual cost is 750K IDR, or around 50$. (on top of the 35$ fees on arrival).

If you don't use an agent you have to go three times instead of one to the immigration.

If you do it with an agent, you have to go one time so they take a picture and your fingerprints.

We wrote an article to cover the VISA in Indonesia in our blog, it's here if you wanna take a look :
Which VISA for a diving trip in Indonesia

Have a nice day!

Fred.

Hey Highdesert,

As Billt4sf said, you can have a 60 days Visa on arrival at the airport.

However, regarding the DIY process, if it's not too expensive, I suggest you take an agent in Bali to avoid having to go three times to the immigration. The usual cost is 750K IDR, or around 50$. (on top of the 35$ fees on arrival).

If you don't use an agent you have to go three times instead of one to the immigration.

If you do it with an agent, you have to go one time so they take a picture and your fingerprints.

We wrote an article to cover the VISA in Indonesia in our blog, it's here if you wanna take a look :
Which VISA for a diving trip in Indonesia

Have a nice day!

Fred.

Why would they want to do that if they are only staying for 60 days? Just get a 60day VOA at the airport and you're done.

- Bill

750rb beats three trips to the airport through Bali traffic, hands down ...

Thanks for the replies!

Hello Highdesert,

My mother in law just came for a visit and went through her closest US consulate to get a 60 day limited stay visa before coming. It cost her $55 dollars for the limited stay visa plus mailing fees.

This visa is a 60 day visa (extendable 4 times for up to 6 months), there is no need to get it extended once you arrive, if you are staying less than 60 days (if you stay more you can extend it). The only caveat is that guests have told us in that past, the consular people aren't too keen on issuing visas when they are told that travel will be in Papua.

From Colorado, you'll be covered under the Los Angeles consular office. @Kevrumbo gave you the proper link for the online form, this also has terms and conditions listed. Basically, she said this was pretty simple and she's not computer savvy. After the form was complete she was sent an email confirmation. She printed this, sent a money order, passport, round trip airline itinerary, photos, bank info and passport information. This was sent via USPS priority envelope with a return PAID priority envelope inside.

Have a wonderful stay!

Love this thread and combined with Adelaar's advice on the Garuda pass, awesome sauce!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom