Amoxtec O2EII Nitrox analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeW0311

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Amoxtec O2EII O2 analyzer?

I am planning on my first purchase of an O2 analyzer and would like any comments on products you like or have had problems with.

Thanks
Mike

There were 7 of us and we completed around 20 Nitrox dives each. It is very easy to use and convenient. I took several opportunities to compare it to the on-board analyzer and got very close readings....

I was very pleased with the unit.

I suggest you spend some time reading:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t1521.html

There's a lot of good information in that note.

Roak

Ps. Where in Vermont do you hail from, Mike?

analox makes a 02eII , I dont know if thats the one your talking about or not, I bought one last summer great anylizer, I have comaapared mine to others at the Dive sight and it is right on , I like it because you dont have to use a LPI hose and a flow restrictor, just hold it up to the tank valve and let a little gas flow.

MikeW0311:
Does anyone have experience with the Amoxtec O2EII O2 analyzer?/QUOTE]

I own one, and use it frequently. It's a nice little unit, easy to use, and accurate (compared
to the O2 sensors in my rebreathers and also the OMS unit at my LDS).

That said,I did have a small problem with my first unit -- the O2 sensor leaked while it wasn't
in use and corroded some part of the internal circuitry. I bought the unit at DEMA 2002, and
the leak happened in November 2003. I contacted Amoxtec, sent the unit back to them for
repair, and they ended up replacing it with a brand new unit. It only cost me the shipping
to send the original unit back. Needless to say I'm very pleased with Amoxtec's customer
service...

Best -

gkn

Ps. Where in Vermont do you hail from, Mike?[/QUOTE]

Rokey, I "hail" from the south east, via Burlington

Mike

MikeW0311:
Does anyone have experience with the Amoxtec O2EII O2 analyzer?

I bought one at DEMA this year and think it's great. I looked at all the offerings, and almost decided to make my own from a kit. But when I saw the the unit in person, I thought it would be easier to use without all the fiddly little bits and tubes and flow meters the others all had. It's worked well for me so far.

Marc

I think they are not the best unit on the market as I have had problems getting proper analysis off them, and I seel them

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom