Amphibico 10W Discovery HID..any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Amphibico Discovery 10w light?

I'm thinking about putting one (with the ball joint arm) on my Topdawg housing but I haven't found any user opinions of the light and I'm not sure the arm will fit my housing?

Appreciate any feedback
CV

Within my budget and travel weight constraints I'm thinking between the Amphico Discovery 10W, the Nocturnal SL50 set and an Ikelite Pro-lite III.

It would be nice if i could get by with one light?

Mostly I will use ambient light for wide angle and light for close-up stuff or night dives.

Ideally, in the same day dive, I would use a red filter for wide angle and if I had to use a video light in a dark corner or deepish then edit out the red later...I hear that's possible but I am very new at this!!

Ayway, the discovery looks like an interesting option and the Nocturnals are also attractive.
The only problem with the Ikelite is that the 50W light temp is quoted at 3300K which from my meagre understanding is not as useful as the whiter light offered by the other two!

I really like the Discovery 10 HID light. Its extremely compact, bright and I like that it uses the standard Sony camcorder batteries and charger. All self-contained makes that the perfect compact light system.

reefrat:
It would be nice if i could get by with one light?

I've been shooting with a single video light ever since my other one flooded a few years ago (and parts were no longer available to repair it). With good lighting techniques, you can capture very nice video with a single light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom