Amputee diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: 26 dives on the SwimAnkle now and so far everything is going great. Only issue I have with the foot is the weight limit - I am a big guy and with shore dives I cannot carry my rig to the water with the weight limit - luckily my dive buddies have stepped up and helped me out.

The best choice you can make for a foot/ankle combination suitable for scuba diving and walking is the Adaptive Sports Ankle w/Otto Bock Aqualine foot. The Adaptive Sports Ankle is designed for that very use, made from Grade 5 Titanium so it will never rust and designed to never break. The Otto Bock Aqualine foot is made to be water proof (no foot shell, but solid rubber w/titanium male pylon connection. The combo is truly awesome.

The Adaptive Sports Ankle is designed to plantar 50 degree (human ankle natural range of motion) by pressing a button on the ankle front side or pressing/pulling a lever/ring on the ankle rear side. Internal torsion springs rotate the ankle, so you can manipulate the foot "hands free". Same actions release the ankle for a return to a neutral position for walking. The Rampro and the Freedom Innovations products are for SWIM ONLY, not for walking or they will break. check the Adaptive Sports Ankle website for more info.

Aloha.

I'm an Instructor in Maui, Hawaii. I mostly do shore diving here on the west side. I'm a BK too. I use the Freedom Innovations water ankle. I could ask my Lego guy what model it is. Yea! they say not used for walking but I do it everyday and I'm 220lbs. Ankle is great! It has a push button on the side of the ankle. You push it to unlock it so you can move it to the swim position. When the dive done I push the button and unlock it to move to the walking position Then just exit the water. I seen some some interesting things out there but for me this works great.

Hi,
I would be interessted if you are finally using the ankle from Rampro?
I am thinking to order one, because you can use it also for skiing.
What are your experiences with this ankle ?
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom