Amsterdam recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I will be on business in Groningen Sept 3-8 and plan to spend Sept 8-10 in Amsterdam. Can you recommend a hotel to stay at? Also, can you recommend a website or just name some "must see" spots? Is there any diving from Amsterdam? If there is, I would only be able to dive on Friday. Thanks for the help.

Phil

I’m not really looking for luxury as I will be staying there by myself and anticipate that I will be out of the hotel most of the time except to sleep. I would like a hotel that is centrally located, if possible, to some of the attractions in Amsterdam and safe for tourists. I am thinking that I probably will not dive as I have never been to the city and would like to explore its sites. Thank you for the links, I will look at them after work today.

Regards,
Phil

Thanks for the link, but the hotel is fully booked when I tried to reserve a room.

Any other hotel suggestions?

Thanks again.
Phil

I don't have a hotel recommendation for you, but I would recommend visiting both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum. I've seen both, and although in general I am not a museum person, they are both worthwhile. I learned a lot, and enjoyed them.

If you like spicy food, be sure to indulge in some Indonesian cuisine while you are in Amsterdam. It's fabulous.

A canal tour is also a very enjoyable way to spend some time.

TeqP:
Thanks for the link, but the hotel is fully booked when I tried to reserve a room.

Any other hotel suggestions?

Thanks again.
Phil
Well, all the hotels I've used in Amsterdam are unavailable. You may want to try this site: http://www.hotelclub.net.

TSandM:
I don't have a hotel recommendation for you, but I would recommend visiting both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum. I've seen both, and although in general I am not a museum person, they are both worthwhile. I learned a lot, and enjoyed them.

If you like spicy food, be sure to indulge in some Indonesian cuisine while you are in Amsterdam. It's fabulous.

A canal tour is also a very enjoyable way to spend some time.
Yep, there are definitely worse places to go to... :)

Thank you for the recommendations and the website.

Do you know if the Seasons Hotel Amsterdam is an OK place to stay?

Thanks again,
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom