Suggestion An App? Why not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
adutto

adutto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Guys,
It would be great to think about having an app (again)...
that would be awesome, so we can have our discussions on the spot, without having to browse to the web page.

(as far as I can see the app is no longer available right?)

I guess why would be a better question than why not, IMO. Both Chrome and Firefox save my common websites, which includes ScubaBoard and makes access really quick and easy. Barring that, you can bookmark whatever page or pages you like and add them to your mobile device home screen. That would be a one click access to "New Posts" or "Alerts" or your favorite forum.

Personally, I think the mobile site works really well. Barring typing in Firefox. Firefox mobile will freeze typing in replies, but Chrome has no such issue.

I used to be a fan of apps, then realized they usually lacked features and the mobile website was easier and faster to use, and additionally didn't take up storage space or require updating. My mobile bank website does everything the app does except deposit checks by picture, and works better than the app.

In any case, everyone has their preferences but mine has evolved to a good mobile format (like this site has) over an app any day.

Tapatalk is a great forum app and supports this board. It's how I do most of my mobile foruming

I thought they broke tapatalk when they moved to xenforo. Is Tapatalk working again?

Personally, I'm with @jseyfert3. I prefer a browser interface over an app. I think we're in the minority, though.

Tapatalk is a great forum app and supports this board. It's how I do most of my mobile foruming

I'll take a look at it! thanks!

@jseyfert3 An app would give the forum the chance to create more features over it, more user interaction, notifications... overall I understand that not everyone likes apps and may be prone to use browsers, but the option is nice to have.

I dislike Tapatalk. Mobile site works quite well. I use it multiple times daily on my iPhone 6.

I like the mobile site. I find it much better to just open another tab on my browser than to exit it and open a dedicated app.

The mobile site works great, even much better than the desktop version.

@Marie13
I also don't like Tapatalk, never understood why so many people use it. Only of use, if the mobile support is crappy. Which is clearly not the case here.

I can't stand tapatalk. There are a few other forums that I use that have tapatalk support, and without fail I prefer to use their mobile website versions.

Just did a quick check of Tapatalk. Note says SB is currently unavailable. There is only a forum chatroom of Tapatalk users who basically have griped about SB not being on Tapatalk any longer.

I liked Tapatalk when SB was available on it so I like the idea ( and convenience) of an app also. Easier to manage on my phone than opening the webpage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom