• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

An easy lesson learned the hard way

Discussion in 'Accidents and Incidents' started by Adventure-Ocean, Nov 4, 2013.

1. themagni

themagni Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    It's probably not for us per se, it's for the people who were "just steadying myself and a piece broke off, I put it in my pocket just so I could ask what to do with it, but then I forgot, so I took it home".

2. LarsB

LarsB Nassau Grouper

Many dive instructors insist on their students holding on to the anchor line... :(

---------- Post added November 14th, 2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

Exactly my point!

3. Bigski

Bigski Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Every single dive i go on, a pair of gloves is ALWAYS on. Granted i dive primarily to spearfish so its mostly for sharp spine protection

4. Mike

Mike Great White

In almost 15 years of diving, I've dived in many places with a no gloves rule and in each of those places, there was never a need for them.

I'd say I'm just lucky if it was maybe 2 years of diving, but almost 15 years? Sounds like a bunch of cry babies with really bad habits who can't dive without gloves in a no glove zone.