An informed equipment choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario S Caner

Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Rainreg,
Would you be able answer this question: Purely personally speaking, if you were able to dive with any dive gear in current production and money wasn't an option what would you dive with?

• Dive Computer
    Regulator
    Buoyancy Compensator
    Dive Light
    Communication gear
    Rebreather
    o2 analyzer
    Full face mask

I understand if you can't answer that question publically

Hey Mario, In answer to your first ?, the answer is yes. In answer to your second question you need to give me more info. What types of diving will you be doing? where? etc.. the more info you give me the better I can recommend the equipment to fullfill your criteria. Keep on postin.

rainreg

Rainreg, The type of diving I do is here in Southern California. I tend to do a lot of deep dives, some times solo, so I carry extra gear for redundancy sake. I need plenty of room to hang things from. The depth of the dives routinely exceed 7 atm's while there is also the very occasional trip down to 9. The other type of diving I do is actually my favorite, Wrecks. I'd like my gear to be optimal for diving the Doria or the Bikini Atoll wrecks in the near future.

Do you have any experience with either OTS's new trimix computer or Abysmal Diving's Trimix unit?

What type of deep diving regulators do you prefer for open circuit scuba? The Poseidin, ScubaPro, Apeks or something else?

Who makes the most reliable o2 analyzers?

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, I for one value your opinions because I am aware of your background and qualifications. I find the DETA website http://www.detahq.com full of very useful information. I've listed the webpage in my favorites folder, and visit it frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom