An Ocean Reef ARIA Snorkel Mask changes a life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBobCancun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At the condo we rent (Cancun) there is a small cadre of American Ex-Pats. We all tend to sit in the same area (so we can speak English) and the area is informally known as Gringo Corner. One of the couples I met is from Houston (Cindy and Jim). Jim is 66 and had a bad stroke 21 years ago that left him confined to a wheelchair with very little use of his arms and legs. But when the weather is nice Jim is at the pool doing his water exercises and walking the inside pool edge. Cindy helps him with his exercises and often floats him on his back around the pool. Jim would love to snorkel but he can't hold the snorkel in his mouth. So today I tried using an OCEAN REEF, INC. Aria snorkel mask and to say it was an overwhelming success would be the understatement of the year. Jim "swam" face down the entire length of the pool. He was face down for at least 15 minutes. He loved the mask and wanted to buy one from me but I told him I was already paid by his happiness and I gave him a mask. Cindy is going to buy one so they can snorkel together and she told me, "Bob, this has added a whole new dimension to our lives and his therapy." Does life get any better than that? I hope you enjoy the photos of this wonderful day.

Attachments

• Jim7.jpg
    Jim7.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Jim9.jpg
    Jim9.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Jim3.jpg
    Jim3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Jim5.jpg
    Jim5.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 155
What a great story and a kind gesture. Not sure if this is marketed as an adaptive device, but you may want to contact the manufacturer. Could be a new marketing channel for them.

That is a great story, and now I know quite a bit about the quality of your character!

What a great story and a kind gesture. Not sure if this is marketed as an adaptive device, but you may want to contact the manufacturer. Could be a new marketing channel for them.

The manufacturer "Ocean Reef, Inc." is aware of this use and is very supportive of what we are doing. I may try to introduce it to some folks in the US but I know that there are all kinds of governmental bureaucracies that require testing and certification to claim that something is an "adaptive device". Nonetheless, we could share the information and hope that others use without calling it an "adaptive device". Thanks for the suggestion and support.

That is a great story, and now I know quite a bit about the quality of your character!
Oh, now I see. It is a 1911. What model? That is one of my favorite pistols although I really like my Colt 45 revolver best.

It's a Colt Wiley Clapp Government model, that I had some aesthetic changes made to. Frame and lower hard chromed, slide finished in IonBond, barrel flush cut and chamfered, slide stop pin flush cut and hole chamfered, as well as replaced the grip safety, and had the palmswell hand checkered to 25lpi to match front and backstrap.

It's a Colt Wiley Clapp Government model, that I had some aesthetic changes made to. Frame and lower hard chromed, slide finished in IonBond, barrel flush cut and chamfered, slide stop pin flush cut and hole chamfered, as well as replaced the grip safety, and had the palmswell hand checkered to 25lpi to match front and backstrap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom