And the 2012 Ms. Scuba Diving Philippines is.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just saw this on Facebook...

581530_286076508159401_601270170_n.jpg

and as much as her... ummmmm... "bouyancy control device" seems to be in quite an excellent... ummmm... shape

I took a peek at the whole pageant; it's strange that there are no dive-related brands or resorts involved, there's no support from even DENR, DOT or PCSSD, the tag line is really strange, and it's hard to discern what the whole point of it is. Granted the girls are generally pretty but and it seems, well, "fishy" (no pun intended)

this is the pageant's website Miss Scuba Philippines

and here's the banner
262928_285760854857633_1294502911_n.jpg

here's more of the women
579602_286128634820855_1304790464_n.jpg

:confused::eyebrow::confused:

---------- Post Merged at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:57 AM ----------

this guy Mac Taug posted this about it:

The main advocacy of this pageant is to promote marine tourism, marine conservation project and of course to promote diving industry. But quit disappointed with diving store in the Philippines located in makati which we approached them to support this pageant by providing scuba gear for our grand winner will travel to indonesia on nove to represent Philippines. They said They are not interested in this pageant. The Philippine candidates will undergo scuba training in subic on october 8.. winner will get certification from the group of divers in subic.......

Last edited:
Shugar, thanks for posting this article. Having read the statement made by Mac Taug, I think the organizers were unprepared and disorganized. How could they even pulled off this pageant without the prizes in place? Poor planning! That's probably why it did not get noticed in the first place. Also, scuba diving is not for everyone. How do they know if the winner will do good being underwater and using SCUBA?

Shugar, thanks for posting this article. Having read the statement made by Mac Taug, I think the organizers were unprepared and disorganized. How could they even pulled off this pageant without the prizes in place? Poor planning! That's probably why it did not get noticed in the first place. Also, scuba diving is not for everyone. How do they know if the winner will do good being underwater and using SCUBA?

I'm certain she was chosen for her talent and ability

Just saw this on Facebook...
... our grand winner will travel to indonesia on nove to represent Philippines.

This pageant has an international version? Hopefully in that one all the contestants are really into diving or at least legitimate representatives of it. Not to discount the participants' other merits, but the thing is called Ms. Scuba after all.

The girl at the front desk of Atlantis Dumaguete (Gladys?) was prettier. Which is not to say Ms. Scuba is not very pretty herself.

This pageant has an international version? Hopefully in that one all the contestants are really into diving or at least legitimate representatives of it. Not to discount the participants' other merits, but the thing is called Ms. Scuba after all.

Yes, there's an international version: Miss Scuba International

From that website:

Q: Do I have to be a diver to join the competition?
A: Yes, for this year, 2012. You would have to be a certified diver at least until Open Water diver or equivalent.

Q: Where and where will the Finals of the 2012 competition be held?
A: In Bali, Indonesia on 30 November 2012.

Q: Will there be another event running in conjunction with the pageant?
A: Yes, there will be the Dive Trend Asia 2012, an excellent platform for influential professionals and new entrants to share their knowledge and understanding of the marine tourism industry.

Q: What criteria will the contestants be judged on?
A: Individual Talent, Diving Skills, Scuba Tourism Knowledge, Marine Conservation Knowledge, Communications, Work Ethics, Participation, Catwalk Adeptness, and Q&A Proficiency.

It only started last year - but I am surprised how little integration with the diving industry/community the pageant has. It is sponsored by Scubapro though..

Yes, there's an international version: Miss Scuba International

From that website:

It only started last year - but I am surprised how little integration with the diving industry/community the pageant has. It is sponsored by Scubapro though..

Their website is showing an internal error. Hmmmm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom