And yet another body recovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yotsie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yes, 3 in less than two weeks. This summer is gonna be busy! Possible homicide victim dumped in the California Aqueduct. Pretty straightforward recovery. The guys did an excellent job searching the crime scene and documenting everything. Debrief went very well and of course, we learned some things we'll do different next time. I can say this, it was near a closed gate (no pumps, etc) on a lateral that runs off the main portion of the canal. There was no flow due to the closed gate. We did a lockout of the controls so there was no accidental activation. Surface supplied air/comms were used and things went nice and slow. Biohazard was the main issue after locking out the gate.

Everyone came home safe and that's what matters to me most! Now if we can just get our gear dry. :eyebrow:

Congrats on the successful recovery. Hopefully, you've assisted on getting another POS off the street.

It's not so much getting the gear dry, it's getting rid of the smell. :eek:

Dear Yotsie;

My team and I would like to thank you and your team for taking the heat off of us. We've been good and (insert the Q word here) and would like to stay that way.

We had dive training on Wed. but this damn pneumonia still has me down so I didn’t go. I’m getting better but I’m flippin weak. I’m just glad we haven’t had any calls for a while.

Pass a Good Job onto our team from us.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom