anemone reef,shark point and king cruiser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
i have 5 days to kill after a 3 week trip to the philippines in may. i am catching a flight to south africa on the 1 june from bangkok. i didnt want to spend these 5 days in bkok so im flying to phuket. i will stay in the karon area.

i was just wondering if the day trips to the above sites are still running in low season? what are the conditions like under water, i have been to these sites quite a few times before, will the conditions be good enough to bother going back? im guessing it will be raining a lot topside?

No, in general the weather will be quite nice, and in May/June the amount of rain normally is not much.
Provided there is not too much wind the trips will be running, and the conditions under water will be very nice. The season have hardly any influence on the under water conditions here, in fact, most locals even prefer the off season because there are less divers, so a better chance of seeing leopard sharks, other sharks, seahorses, etc.

Look into doing a day trip out to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang. Awesome dive sites. Last time I was there we had 2 Mantas circling us for 40 minutes. Here is a description of the sites: dive-the-world.com/diving-sites-thailand-hin-daeng-hin-muang.php

You can certainly do those sites and other nice sites during the low season. Because they are deeper, the corals are in pretty good shape and marine life is prolific. Since you've got five days, consider getting out to Koh Bida Nok as well, in the Phi Phi island group. Hin Daeng is going to be a challenge in May because trips there from Phuket require a minimum passenger load in order to run. It would be easier to get a trip way down there from Lanta, which is nearer.

Back
Top Bottom