Angra dos Reis & Isla Grande & Buzios

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hawkeye Mark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever dove at these places. They are in Brazil on the coast SW of Rio De Janeiro. I have been in Angra once but was before I got into diving. Planning on visit to Rio later this year. No one I know has ever dove there but there is established dive infrastructure(My wife brought me a t-shirt from there). Wife is from Rio and we go down there sporadically. Also anyone ever dove in Buzios or Cabo Frio. Have been there but also before I got into diving.

Rio de Janeiro state has several sites to dive and Ilha Grande is by far the best. Near to Angra do Reis which also has several diving sites, you can spend weeks their diving every day and never end your trip.

With regards to Cabo Frio and Buzios I would state the same but the water temperature can be an issue since it is normal to get very cold. Requiring the use of 5mm wet suits at least. Just to mention that Cabo Frio means Cold Cape because of the winds and water temperature.

Another excellent place is Arraial do Cabo near to Cabo Frio. The place has several dive sites including wrecks and sea caves.

Buzios only has about 3-4 spots and the currents can be tough. Nice diving though, a little more challenging than Angra. Check out www.diversquest.com.br , they regularly run weekends to Arraial and Angra. Angra is warmer and shallower, Arraial is colder water but usually better vis.

divinglife:
Buzios only has about 3-4 spots and the currents can be tough. Nice diving though, a little more challenging than Angra. Check out www.diversquest.com.br , they regularly run weekends to Arraial and Angra. Angra is warmer and shallower, Arraial is colder water but usually better vis.

I strongly recomend www.diversquest.com.br. They are the best operator in Rio. Diving in Angra is great, warm water, and good visibility. Arraial is famous for its marine life, and for the colder water...

If you have a chance to go to São Paulo, try to dive the Laje de Santos, in Santos. It´s great, too, and if you are lucky you can meet manta rays there.

Regards

Fábio

Back
Top Bottom