Anilao Dive Aug 23-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup... the camera alone here costs an arm and a leg...

i asked Zee to get me an A640 for my wife in australia... here it was selling at 25k... i paid zee 12k for the same thing (except that the warranty only works down under)

yeah look around... if it's in canada or the US we might be able to beg Capt. Kat to bring it in...

Jag

ever figure what caused the flood? (no that it matters...)

i recall water seeping in from the top buttons (power/shutter release)...housing failure i thought. had it cleaned and sealed 1 hour before the dive and had the chance to test at aqua's pool for a good 30 minutes before the dive. no problems whatsoever.

Sorry to hear Kuya Jon, funny that my 710IS camera also just clonked out while diving in Davao but there was no leaks in my case. I think it was 2 years of wear and tear in harsh conditions. After about 120 gigs and ~40,000 pics later, I'm satisfied that I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

Since I already have the add-on lenses, I'll just be upgrading to its older brother, the 720IS.\\

edit: put up a FS thread in the marketplace for the housing. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom