Anilao Operator Recco Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonnieB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thanks for the nitrox info everyone...so here is my last request:

I am off to Anilao in a week for the first time. I have dived Puerto Gallera several times but never Anilao. Anyway, I am looking for a diving resort/operator recommendation.

From my research, I gather that the "Anilao" area is spread out on the Batangas peninsula about 2-3 hours south of Manila. It appears to be pretty rugged terrain. What I want to know is are the dive resorts concentrated in a rather small area (ala PG) such that you could walk or taxi between several to check them out before checking-in or are they too far spread apart? Also, can you just show-up and expect to find a room or should you reserve something in advance?

I want a decent resort with aircon rooms, good food, and Nitrox. From my research, it seems most of the resorts do all-inclusive packages with diving, room and board included. Can anyone recommended some resorts that fit my 3 criterion above?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

If there are any groups or people go to or in Anilao for the week of 24 April (will arrive in Manila on morning of 24th) and we could join-up that would be okay too. We are 2 divers 200+ and 80+ dives.

hi jonnie,

unlike PG resorts at anilao are quite a distance from each other. you'll be needing at least a motorbike if you wanna check them all out.

as for resort reco, i have to go with Aquaventure Reef Club, most of us call it our "home resort" and yes they have nitrox. here's their website --> www.aquareefclub.com. yes they have a/c rooms, very good food, service is topnotch.

i'll let the others chime in on other anilao resorts like solana, planet dive, balai, etc.

I second Jonix's reco on Aquaventure. Planet Dive is also another resort that has unlimited shore diving as part of their package.

How do you plan to get to Anilao from Manila?

i can only suggest aquaventure 'cause it's where i usually dive from. i've adopted it as my 'home resort' :D i'd like to try other resorts but most of my dives are spontaneously planned so it's more convenient for me to book there.

i recommend you reserve in advance. it gets fully booked sometimes. especially now 'cause it's summer.

Hi Guys,

I went to their website (aquareefclub). Regarding their rates for land transfer, from Manila to the resort is $240 bucks? I could fly to NY with that... is that correct?

~onsse

onsse:
Hi Guys,

I went to their website (aquareefclub). Regarding their rates for land transfer, from Manila to the resort is $240 bucks? I could fly to NY with that... is that correct?

~onsse

you could always take kiko's fleet (vans that bring divers to anilao every weekend), i know it's much cheaper. maybe chip or jag knows the rates.

I'll probably hook up with family for a ride or something.. But I'm so stoked. I got my gear already!!! just need a suit...

onsse:
Hi Guys,

~onsse
i didn't check the rates but kiko's fleet is about 800 pesos 2-way... $15 based on their website www.scuba1.net

but kiko is in tubba now so even my reservation for may 20 is not confirmed yet

@eric: does batangas run to to the anilao area? will it take me (and lai) to aquav?

Jag

thanks all.

yeah, i checked aquaventures price for transport and was quite shocked. i can just get a van from NAIA for P1500-2000 I imagine. i guess i will do that.

aquaventures, planet dive and balai seem to be the resorts most people recommend. i will try to reserve with one of them.

Back
Top Bottom