Announcing new line of SubGravity DPVs engineered by Bonex!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Reference RS on order and would like to know if there are any interests amongst pre-order customers on navigation units or plates that would attach our own compass/depth gauge.
I have attached my own compass units on other scooters and it seems that unless I use Bonex plates, it would be quite hard for someone to mount compass on nose cone area.
I personally find it easy to navigate with DPV mounted compass rather than wrist mounted compass. Also, having the compass mounted away from the motor seems to not affect the bearings on the compass. That's why I'd like to bring up if there are any interest or plans to outfit/manufacture one in the states if Subgravity has no plans to bring one from Bonex.

Hi kingkong072,

Any of the BONEX accessories will be available through SubGravity. Without knowing exactly what you are intending to mount on the Reference RS, it is difficult for us to give you a definitive answer as to what exactly you will need. I'm assuming by "Bonex plate", you probably mean the Navigation Unit, which clamps to the carry handle. These will definitely be avaialbe with or without a compass.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your new Reference as soon as you've had a chance to ride it!

Hi Randy,
Yes, the "Navigation Unit" by Bonex and when I called in other day to follow up on the availibity, someone over there had told me that it was only available as complete unit and was not in the shipment that is on its way to States. I'm assuming that plate would be the go-to accessory for anyone wanting to attach any compass or gauge.

And yes, can't wait to get my hands on Reference and sure will give my thoughts once I get to break her in...

By the way, I had an opportunity to demo ECOS + with John and was waiting for my Reference to come in to give my thoughts about everything. Don't worry I didn't treat her like my other scooters...no line tangling on props/seals etc...

Vry cool! Questions: can the prop be removed in water to clear out line? and is there a failsafe for electronic cutoff? like what if electronic fails, is there mechanical clutch too or will it just keep going?

As promised....

"Another great feature of our DPVs, engineered by Bonex!
The propeller can easily be removed and replaced underwater in case of line entanglement. No tools required."

Good news! The shipment is now on the truck, headed our way. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Friday). If you have pre-ordered a DPV, watch for a shipping notification on Monday.

Planning for our second large shipment now :D

11222075_10153273833013271_7857115548646049753_n.jpg

Last edited:
[video]https://youtu.be/zeI7VgGZABw[/video]

Standard on all Reference and Discovery models from SubGravity!

The Quick Shift feature, engineered by Bonex, allows the ultimate in usability by the diver. A simple "double click" of the throttle allows the instant adjustment to 100% speed from whatever the diver had selected with the speed adjustment knob. This features is limited to the Reference and Discovery models, it is not available on the Ecos models.

The Reference and Discovery model DPVs come with infinite speed adjustment. The Quick Shift feature allows the diver to quickly switch between the user selected speed (say 50%) straight to 100% speed with a simple double click of the throttle. A simple release and reengagement of the throttle puts the DPV back to the user selected speed (50% in this case).

Looking for a chance to demo these DPVs?

Join SubGravity for a try dive experience on the HammerHead CCR on Saturday, 14 November 2015 at Blue Grotto in Williston, Florida.This event kicks off at 9am with an introduction to the HammerHead CCR. Each participant will spend a minimum of 1 hour with a HammerHead CCR Instructor learning the basics of diving a rebreather and enjoying a long dive at the site. Our goal is to provide a quality experience for your first HammerHead CCR exposure.

This event has a lot of activities you can participate in before or after your rebreather dive:

• You can bring your personal dive equipment (or rent equipment at Blue Grotto) to dive
  • If you are a certified cave diver and you bring your cave diving equipment, you can experience a guided cave dive in the Blue Grotto Cave
  • Sub-Gravity Diver Propulsion Vehicles (DPVs), engineered by Bonex will be available for demo dives
  • SubGravity H3 dive computer, powered by Seabear will be available for demo dives

Check out our facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1484721308500557/

And remember, space is limited, so make sure you book your spot (complete the order) on our website, here: https://www.sub-gravity.com/product/demo-day-2015-blue-grotto/

Hi there, sorry to hijack the thread but need some help. Own an AquaProp - love it! Sent a message via the website contact form a few days ago and haven't heard back, so posting my two questions here:

1. The manual recommends oiling the step switch occasionally - but there are no instructions how this is to be done.

2. The manual recommends removing the shaft sealing o-ring to be cleaned and lubricated monthly in saltwater use - but I can't remove the ceramic stator and don't want to force it.

Generally speaking, this is a great DPV and its light weight means I use it a lot for all kinds of diving. The user manual however does leave a little to be desired : )

Hi there, sorry to hijack the thread but need some help. Own an AquaProp - love it! Sent a message via the website contact form a few days ago and haven't heard back, so posting my two questions here:

1. The manual recommends oiling the step switch occasionally - but there are no instructions how this is to be done.

2. The manual recommends removing the shaft sealing o-ring to be cleaned and lubricated monthly in saltwater use - but I can't remove the ceramic stator and don't want to force it.

Generally speaking, this is a great DPV and its light weight means I use it a lot for all kinds of diving. The user manual however does leave a little to be desired : )

Delta V - sorry for the delay! Somehow we did not receive or missed your email. We will take some pictures and write directions for these steps and send them to you. We are working on the SubGravity version of the manual now, we just need a few days of not shipping out aquaProps to be able to get it done! :wink: We should have something for you by Monday.

delta-v

We started to type up some instructions, and thought a video would be easier. Let us know if you have any questions!

[video=youtube;58Xc-RkzodU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Xc-RkzodU[/video]

Last edited:
Got a question. Why the Reference RS and not the standard Reference scooter?

it would seem to me to be more desirable to have an extra hours burn time over the additional speed that wouldn't be needed very often?

what is the normal max burn time at cruise speed of 150ft/min of the RS - I can't find that info?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom