Annoying google “ad”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got rid of it by clearing the history, cache, and cookies in all my devices and in Googles separate history (it caches all that in cyberspace under your Google ID)
Clearing everything only works for a short while.

I have done that repeatedly.

Turning off Java works, but is annoying.

Clearing everything only works for a short while.

I have done that repeatedly.

Turning off Java works, but is annoying.
You have to also clear Googles history, it's not on the device, it's in your Google account and it keeps a backup of history etc and is storing the "ad"

You have to also clear Googles history, it's not on the device, it's in your Google account and it keeps a backup of history etc and is storing the "ad"

Why only for this site if it is in my google account?

Why only for this site if it is in my google account?
Don't have the slightest clue...

I found out about the "advanced" feature and separate detailed history that keeps the pop up active after searching online for "congratulations you have won"

I only got it on this site, again, not the slightest clue why. No issues for a while now after clearing that history.

This is still occurring for me regardless of whether or not I sign in. I've followed all the advice in this thread. Very frustrating. It only happens on ScubaBoard, which I love. I think I'll stop visiting the website until this is fixed. Too bad.

Cleared google account and it popped up as soon as I came back here

This is very annoying and like others have recently expressed, it’s gotten to the point of useless and futile to log in and see what’s going on. It appears to be affecting Apple iOS from what others have posted and from what I’m having to deal with here.

I gather some are having success clearing cookies and deleting history records and disabling JavaScript, but this is only happening when visiting ScubaBoard and the cure works for just a short while.

In any case, hopefully this will get resolved soon. I’m thinking it’s something affecting the service provider or hosting service, but then, who truly knows?

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

There is a setting in your account to remove ads.

I can't find anything about "ads" in my account settings. I would sure like to get rid of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom