Annoying google “ad”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are very aware of this and trying to determine next steps. It is clear there is no easy answer but we are trying to figure out what we can do. I'll refer Pete to your question

I always use this on desktop...
Adblock Plus

I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine on both desktop and mobile. I gave it permission to take over Chrome. No more tracking. Hell, I get better results than Google and I don't have this issue when using it.

You can use this on Android. Make it your dedicated SB browser...
Free Adblocker Browser - Adblock & Popup Blocker - Android Apps on Google Play

I can't help with Apple as I fired those commies years ago.

Wandering the site for the last 15 mins and I no longer seem to have the problem. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks SB staff.

Well, I’m still not having any problems on my iPad, but my iPhone has been a complete cluster.
Just to note, I only use my iPad at home, and, since not getting the ad on it, I have only used my phone in other locations. I’m afraid that if I use the phone on my home network I’ll start getting it on my iPad again, also. Don’t know if it works that way but why tempt fate.

It's back. Just logged on with my iPad and it happened three times in a row. Had to post this using my desktop.

Back
Top Bottom