Annual Membership cost for SSI professionals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

material quality i heard SDI got nice material , PAdi got shortcuts and SSI old material
your opinion is much appreciated as you have experience with more than one agency
here in thailand they won't say the truth as the prompt one side more than the other
SDI texts are getting better with each revision. As they grow you may see more color images instead of black and white, but in reality I see them continuing to promote online courses.

What do you mean PADI has shortcuts in their materials or are you claiming something else?
Back to materials. They have quality materials, they are a publishing company after all. You may pay more in fees but they have more options on how a student receives their materials.

SSI has some new materials that are pretty good. I was given their tech course manual to read and it's well done. SSI like others are pushing more online materials from what I have seen and been told.

I would consider what your future plans are and where you intend to teach before choosing an agency.
You want to travel and see the world while teaching?
Work independently or through a shop and stay in your current location?

SSI was $133 for me & SDI/TDI was $179 for 2017.
If you got the SSI for $133 then that included the new "rewards" deduction. SSI renewal fee for OWI for 2017 is $185.

NAUI was $175 this past year, now NAUI Instructor Guides are on the members section of the website for download. Keeps the materials readily available and up to date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom