Ano R105T Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubious

Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon had the Ano T105t on sale during prime day so I picked up two as back ups to the DRIS lights we ordered.

Specs

1.250-850 lumens, 3 power setting (Hi Mode, Mid Mode and Strobe Mode)​

2.5000-6000K warm white Cree X-lamp (XML) U3, 100,000 hours lifespan is supported​

3.4mm tempered ultra clear Fresnel glass is making R105T flashlight able to withstand 1.5 meters impact​

4.ICR18650 lithium rechargeable battery is included with R105T handheld light​

5.8 degree beam angle makes R105 stronger for penetration at massively bad visual circumstance​

6.Mechanical push switch is designed with double O-Ring, the same structure of a dive computer button and 50,000 times of pushing test has passed without leakage​

7.Waterproof depth is rated to 200 meters/650ft as tested 100% in the pressure water chamber​

We took the dive out for 3 night dives 3 weeks ago. Each night dive had a max depth of 30’. We ended up using it with a hand strap. It worked well for what we were using it for.

We used the light again on a 80’ deep dive. It gave enough light for us to see the unique formations in the quarry. On this dive the light cycled through the modes a couple of times. My assumption was I was hitting the. Button on the back with the bolt snap.

We used the light on a lake dive last week which had poor visibility. We brought the light just in case it was needed at depth which it was. It was working fine until we hit about 40’. It started to cycle through the different modes again.

This past week we took the light out again as our primary. At 50’ the light kept cycling through the modes again and a fast rate even when making sure nothing was hitting the button. The light would also just flicker. My wife’s Ano seemed to be fine so maybe it was a lemon.

I thought about contacting Ano but while trying to get the light working at depth the strap around my wrist snapped. The light fell to the bottom turned off. We looked for it for a while but gave up. Visibility was not good.

I had hoped this sub $40 usd light would have worked but I don’t think We would buy again. I do not like the push button on the bottom. I think I prefer the twist of the DRiS light. We will see how the other Ano holds up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom