Another AKR question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salth2owannabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking at going in December and I see that adult beverages are not included in the all inclusive. Not a big drinker but a few beers and blender drinks for the wife are nice. Do they allow you to bring alcohol onto the property and how expensive are the resort beverages?
Also- December looks to be one of the rainier months will it crimp the wifes sun bathing time or is it like other Caribbean locations where the rain comes, rains hard and leaves about as fast?

Appreciate the help

Last edited:
will it crimp the wifes sun bathing time or is it like other Caribbean locations where the rain comes, rains hard and leaves about as fast?

Appreciate the help
This topic gets beat to death here and a search of the forums will yeild a lot of replies about weather but, in a nutshell. there is a slight chance weather will be great the whole time, there is also a chance there will be occasional showeres, but the odds favorite is for rain and clouds, which around the bay islands in winter can often mean all day for days in December. While it could happen, don't expect that afternoon shower that rains like crazy and the sun is out in time for sunset.
Of course this is only based on a few years or so experience and many years of weather data so it is not written in stone, the fact remains it is WEATHER and anything could happen

Appreciate it,
The weather charts, rainful history, and prior posts, were the first things I looked at. I've been to numerous islands on the caribbean side of things and know that weather and rain patterns differ. Never been to Roatan.

Any knowledge on the alcohol thing?

We thought the prices for alcohol at AKR we very reasonable. Beer was $2.5-3.00 and mixed drinks were $6.00-$7.00. And the drinks were pretty large. Also there is usually a happy hour at one of their bars almost every afternoon which is 2 for 1.

The happy hour is the time to make your purchases. I drink soda and we usually pop down the road one day to a local store and load up on our drinks. They have no problem with you getting your own stuff.

I didn't find the prices for alcohol that bad. They will let you order extras. If you order 3, you will get a sixer and can haul it to your room for storage in the fridge. I was tired enough that partying wasn't my objective.

Two words....Duty Free

Yep,
Those are two words but put them together around Roatan and it usually means someone paid too much. You can buy festive beverages from the local grocery stores and they are still often less than your tourist duty free shops in the airports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom