Another almost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A close call last night.

We get a call of a woman on the far east end of the county sitting on a bridge over the river. We got a description of her; Hispanic female, wearing a flowing flower printed dress and sandals. She’s sitting in the middle of the bridge with her feet over the water side edge.

As luck would have it I am on the opposite end of the freeway at the state line but a straight shot to her location. Only problem is there is 30+ miles between us. Several other units between State, the next county east and one of ours are rolling. So I roll but not code.

When the first units get there she was gone but there was no evidence that she jumped. A search of the area finds her. She is a local that lives just a few yards from the bridge.

She said she likes to go and watch the water flow under the bridge and today was the first time she sat on the bridge like she did. She agreed not to do it again at least in that fashion.

I wonder how many people she freaked out that were on the freeway. There were over 100 911 calls about her yet nobody stopped to keep an eye on her.

That section of the river is flowing a little above normal for this time of the year. We just got a lot of rain up high. Had she fallen in her chances for survival would have been very slim to none.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom