ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR REBREATHER SENSORS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What did your instructor say about her using the OxyCheq cells? Any comments?

Where does one find a RB instructor who is actually an expert on the RB that they are teaching? Most Instructors I know can instruct on 5-6 different RBs but only instruct on the RBs that they are currently selling. Crossing over as a RB instructor from one RB to another RB is usually done in about 4 days, but can take a week.
Do you really believe that your expert, with a weeks training, knows everything about every component or possible substitute for it, that is mounted in your rebreather? If so, why isn't he a full professor at MIT, Stanford, or CalTech?

Michael

Where does one find a RB instructor who is actually an expert on the RB that they are teaching? Most Instructors I know can instruct on 5-6 different RBs but only instruct on the RBs that they are currently selling. Crossing over as a RB instructor from one RB to another RB is usually done in about 4 days, but can take a week.
Do you really believe that your expert, with a weeks training, knows everything about every component or possible substitute for it, that is mounted in your rebreather? If so, why isn't he a full professor at MIT, Stanford, or CalTech?

Michael

Wow.

Well I don't know if his instructor qualifies to be a MIT professor, or if he or she knows everything about every CCR component. Pretty high bar, don't know where I would find someone like that.

But I would at least be as interested in his or her input on the question that we are discussing here (are the OxyCheq sensors any good?), as that of any other random person with a scubaboard account.

Dan's got a pretty solid reputation on the JJ, considering he's (I believe) the only Advanced Trimix JJ guy on the East Coast. He had no problem with the Oxycheq's. They fit fine. If they generate voltage, and stay linear, that's good enough for me. Sure, it'd be nice to stay with the JJ approved cells, but if you can't, it seems the worst you'd suffer is early failure and wasted money.

Thanks! Wayne said that he was approached by OxyCheq and that he requested some to test. Apparently they haven't sent any to him or Jan.

Not sure if @Patrick is still watching this thread, maybe he can chime in?

Resurrecting a zombie thread, since now I have a good answer to Ken's question! No idea when the JJ Vandagraph sensors will be available, and neither does the JJ manufacturer or the US distributor. DGX has no AI cells either.

SO, I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience with OxyCheq / AST cells since we last discussed this in December. It looks like I can get some of them.
LOL. I was going to say I might agree but then read back and I don’t think he’ll be selling me any. Back in March I overbought slightly so I a man ok for a bit. Soon after I felt stupid about owning cells that I could for half their life but it looks like supply will continue to be hard.

Dove one of the AST cells today mixed results... mv were reading on the high end of things at calibration. Diving it was a bit off my other cells reading on the low side but not enough to get voted out. Recalibrated tonight and mv readings are spot on with the other cells. So maybe it needed some more time to “wake up” or humidity was a factor will see how tomorrow goes.

Just got my AST cells today.

Have been diving Vandergaf cells in my rEvo since mod 1. With the recent cell shortage, I had to put in 4 AI cells and they are SLOW to respond compared to the Vandergrafs I got used to.

I also ordered up a couple ASTs from Oxycheq for spares and looking forward to trying them out. They've got to be better than the AIs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom