Another BP/W Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep there is like a rubber washer glued to the bladder from the inside. Definitely some small plastic pieces inside the bcd bladder not much else from the dump valves cracking up.
The rubber washer is normal as long as it is smooth ie nothing glued/welded on top of it. There should be a similar one on the outside as well.
But from you previous attached photo there are something still attached around the opening.

Take a look at the video.
DGX Bladder Flange Assembly
Question is would it fit the hole in your bc. If the hole is wider than 1.75" then it is useless.
You also need the respective cap and elbow.

You need to remove all the broken pieces from the inside rubber washer FIRST.

I have an OMS ss bp and attached a set of XDeep weight pockets, quick dump if needed. They slide over the waist portion of the harness and bolt to the bp right next to the harness slot.
Just another option if you want to not use a weight belt.

The rubber washer is normal as long as it is smooth ie nothing glued/welded on top of it. There should be a similar one on the outside as well.
But from you previous attached photo there are something still attached around the opening.

Take a look at the video.
DGX Bladder Flange Assembly
Question is would it fit the hole in your bc. If the hole is wider than 1.75" then it is useless.
You also need the respective cap and elbow.

You need to remove all the broken pieces from the inside rubber washer FIRST.

Ah gotcha. The video was super helpful. It might be repairable yet...

Thanks for all the advice. After a bunch of good input from the group and a lot of over analysis from my end. I ordered the DGX BP/W and the parts to repair my SP Seahawk dump valves and elbows. I'll keep you posted. I figured it would be good to have a backup BCD around and I was pretty sold on the BP/W after all the reading.

Man what's going on, I'm just back from diving, I really hope you haven't bought DGX or
Dive Rite dumps and stuff because you're going to be shaking your head looking at this

full.jpg

But I can see what happened with with this bogus 1.75, that is the outside of the flange ish

At least you know where to send the bill

Man what's going on, I'm just back from diving, I really hope you haven't bought DGX or
Dive Rite dumps and stuff because you're going to be shaking your head looking at this

View attachment 668686

But I can see what happened with with this bogus 1.75, that is the outside of the flange ish

At least you know where to send the bill

I did buy DGX dumps and flanges. What should I have got? You got a better option? The hole width in my vest measure 1.5" after I cleaned out the cracked plastic. So I went with the DGX ones...

I did buy DGX dumps and flanges. What should I have got? You got a better option? The hole width in my vest measure 1.5" after I cleaned out the cracked plastic. So I went with the DGX ones...
Be careful if you have to enlarge the hole slightly.
Good luck.

Different question: I replaced wing nuts with Delrin nuts. Do I need a lock washer to prevent the Delrins from loosening?

If the screw is metal then I use metal nut.
Split washer or toothed-lock/serrated/star washer.

I haven't seen a cost effective replacement part for bespoke bladders (any with the welded/glued in flange), but I have made washers for someone to deal with the larger hole size. PM me if your interested.

I believe Happy was referring to buying actual SP parts, but there marketing methods in the US make it extra difficult for us to get here.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom