Another Cheezy movie and another set of actors lives threatened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was in Nassau Bahamas shortly after the movie "Into the Blue" was released and Stuart Cove stopped by while our group was having lunch and started chatting. It seems that the 4 main actors in the movie (Paul Walker, Scott Caan, Jessica Alba and Ashley Scott) all got certified (at Stuart Coves) as a part of the movie and found that they all loved diving.

They would go out and dive all week long as part of their roles, and often, they would show up at the dive shop if they had a day off and ask if there were any openings on any of the boats. Apparently they were really cool about it. They didn't ask for their own boat or any special treatment. They just went out on whatever was available.

I would love to see a Scuba Centered Movie that wasn't a horror movie, like a Science Fiction without monster. I'm not asking for "Scuba: The Musical" but just more survivors.

Could someone please explain how a stretched lungs injury occurs due to a malfunctioning tank.

Holding her breath on ascent. I know what a barotrauma is I just don't get the malfunctioning tank part.

I read one interview that seemed to say the actresses were in the water eight hours a day for eight weeks. Is my memory correct? At least they were only at 20 fsw. I rarely go to see a movie that features diving due to the nonsense usually contained within. I do enough real diving not to need a fake theater fix.

I read one interview that seemed to say the actresses were in the water eight hours a day for eight weeks. Is my memory correct? At least they were only at 20 fsw. I rarely go to see a movie that features diving due to the nonsense usually contained within. I do enough real diving not to need a fake theater fix.
The movie (performance) industry is unionized and thus highly regulated. They could not be "in water" 8 hours a day unless the coffee truck was submersible.

The movie (performance) industry is unionized and thus highly regulated. They could not be "in water" 8 hours a day unless the coffee truck was submersible.
Downtown Toronto hosts a large number of movie and TV shoots (tax breaks?).

Several years ago they shot some scenes for a marky mark action film in the alley behind the building I worked in - they had to bring in garbage to make it look like some place in the US. 2 days of "filming" ended up with about 20 seconds of on screen time. During that 2 days we noticed nothing happening other than people standing around. Guess we missed the 20 seconds of work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom