Another close one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This just might be one of those years that will make up for the two dead years we just had.

We are getting into a pattern that had caused us trouble in the past. An example is all the counties around us have some weird accidents then we get hit with a few real and close calls involving a death or two. That is just what is happening and if this keeps up we will have a very busy year.

We just had another close one with a vehicle coming so close to going into the lake it’s like there was an invisible wall at the water line to stop it. It is a small rock that has caught several vehicles over the years. I mean a small rock. If it were loose a person could pick it up and walk off with it.

Just down the road a few hundred yards is a bush that, in the past 5 years, has caught two school busses and prevented them from going into the lake. That is one of my major fears I hope never materializes.

So far in the last month we have had two fatal canoe accidents and we have a missing from 12’ aluminum. Now we get a car that was caught by the rear wheel and stayed dry.

Looks like it’s going to be a wet year. I hope not but it isn’t looking good.

The car should hit the press and if it does I’ll post the link.

Gary D.

but maybe God is saying "you need to put some barriers there" or the next car...

"Just down the road a few hundred yards is a bush that, in the past 5 years, has caught two school busses and prevented them from going into the lake. That is one of my major fears I hope never materializes."

So what are some solutions to prevent vehicles from going into the lake, other than a bush or a rock? And what input do you have to offer suggestions and make it happen?

Not to put you on the spot. A cousin of my Mom's in Ontario photographed accidents for the coroner in the town he lived in. (I think, it's been a long time since I met him). The point I'm getting at is, he argued with the government for years, whether it be the provincial or local, to do something about this one particularly bad corner. They finally put a warning sign up but it took a lot of effort on his part and in his mind, was only a partial solution.

I hope you have a quiet summer.

Cheers,
Bill.

They have surveyed the lake to move the road out onto it a few feet. The banks on the other side of the road are very unstable so they can’t be cut into.

Everyone knows there is a problem and they have even talked about closing it all together but that causes some major uproars. I don’t have a clue as to where the road on the lake project is. Most likely it’s like everything else, $$$$.

It will take some big wig’s kid to get killed before they take action on it. The couple of dozen I have pulled out of that little 400 acre lake have just been numbers so far. The 25 mph speed limit is 20 mph to fast.

Here is a pic of the lake.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=13&x=325&y=3299&z=11&w=1

Gary D.

Gary D.:
It will take some big wig’s kid to get killed before they take action on it.

Truer words were never spoken. It sad that it has to be this way. It shouldn't be, but it is. Like you said, an everyday joe is just that, an EVERY DAY JOE. Some one with money or power seems to be more important than one of us little guys. It's just sad!

Get out of my brain, Zboss . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom