Another DCS question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have to ask, otherwise I will more likely worry myself to death. Over the last weekend, I completed my check out dives for my AOW. On Saturyday I did my underwater naturalists, navigation and peak bouyancy dives. THe deepest I went was about 40 with a total dive time of about 20 minutes. When I got out of bed on Sunday I had some mild nausea, and I just considered it side effects of Pizza from the night before. I did my deep dive first thing in the morning. Due to cold water, 50-55 degrees at about 40Ft. we did go as deep as planned. Our actual depth was about 35ft. and the dive lasted 18 minutes. My last dive, which was wreck again went to about 35 feet for 22 minutes after a halkf hour SI. I was well with in the limits of the RDP. The nausea subsided once I was in teh water.

On the way home, about two hours into the drive the nausea started to return. This time I blew it off because it was 90 degrees, my car at this time does not have fully functioning AC, and I did not get a full night's sleep. The nausea continued off and on thourhg sunday evening.

Monday I still had some nausea and a slight bit of vertigo. That has continued off and on since then. I have also felt pressure in my chest at times when breathing normally...as if I were congested. I went to the Doctor yesterday and was told that it was due to some inner ear swelling that had occured and was given some medicine for the nausea and vertigo. At no time have a felt any pain or numbness in a joints or limbs.

Today the symptoms still continue and at times seemed worse. They do come and go and never seem to last much longer than an hour.

Does it seem reasonable that my troubles could be caused an inner ear problem? Could this be some sort of sign of DCS or other serious problem? I know I am probably worrying myself over nothing, but I feel better just asking.

Thanks.

CS

In college, my insistance on swimming every day even in sub-zero temperatures gave me many ear infections. The great grand-daddy infection started like the rest but progressed to nasty nausea & wall-grabbing vertigo (eventually a virus took up residence, but never mind that.) I vomitted like a fountain. The girls in my sorority were sure that I had a horrendous hang-over & ignored me until I wound up in the hospital, unable to open my eyes lest the room spin from vertigo. I was 15 years away from becoming a diver, so there was no chance I had DCS. If your Doc says u have ear trouble, I'd believe him (but I am not a Dr.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom