Another Dive report Green Bridge Newport RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive 2077 7-7-2019 Sunday Green Bridge Newport Solo

Sunny sky with clouds, air temp 79F surface water temp 70 temp @ max depth 29FSW 67F. Visibility was 10'-15' with suspended seaweed and noticeable surge from East to West hi tide 12:30 dive start time 1:00PM Bt 40min surface swimming time 30 min total both ways total time in water 70min. Saw lots of baitfish but nothing big. Some small togs. The seaweed carpet was over one foot thick in some places. Uneventful dive, very scenic around the rock formations. I cut thru a gully in the middle of the 1st formation to get out of the stronger surge around the rocks and back to the channel leading back to the cove. I ended the dive at the mouth of cove and began the 15 min swim back.

sorry for my ignorance but what is a "Tog"...thanks for sharing your dive report.

A Tog is a local grouper looking fish. Tautog is the full name also called blackfish. Tauturga onits is the scientific name. Much sort after food fish easy to line catch a little wary of divers and seems to know the range of a spear gun. Your ignorance is understandable since I was posting in the NE section I used the local lingo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom