Another dive season coming up for RI/Jamestown/Newport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be advised May 15 the Newport Pell Bridge is one lane till July!

I just checked the update on the bridge repairs. It looks like it will be one lane until the end of June, then all lanes open for July and August and back to one lane from September 19th through December. It said all lanes will be open for the Memorial day and Labor Day weekends. They said the project could take 6-8 years to complete. So I imagine these closures are going to be around for a while.

We saw a few blackfish off of Newport today, not too many though, and no keepers as far as we could tell. Also saw one fluke/flouder, I can't tell the difference. :) Water was very tolerable, air temp at 64 at the shore, 91 inland!

Dove FT W these past three days. Winds strong out of the SW creating rollers and white caps in the coves Thu and more so yesterday. Still rollers this am but the wind died down a bit. Mostly cloudy all three days so light was bad. Vis as expected with the winds and surf: 4-6 on Thu, 2-4 yesterday and somewhere in between today. Positives no crowds and warm temps. Temps were 59 Thur, 63 yesterday and 64 today.

Back
Top Bottom