another fin selection question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoooter961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So after searching and reading a large number of posts, I am considering purchasing some new fins. I wear a 10.5 shoe but wear a size 11 5mil echozip ergo boot.

I dive only warm water (mostly Caribbean), with a 3mil usually full but sometimes a shortly wetsuit. I just recently had L5-S1 micro-discectomy and have been cleared to get back in the water. I flutter kick now but am a natural breast stroker so I am going to try to learn to frog kick with fins. We don't usually dive strong currents. I am currently using Deep Sea Aqua Glide split fins.

The 4 sets of fins I've narrowed it down to, in no order are:

Dive Rite XT
Deep 6 Eddy
Mares Avanti Quattro +
Sherwood Titan

Anyone want to help narrow it down?

Thanks,

Scott

Hard to beat the deep 6 for frog kick, I also use the sherwood and really enjoy their performance.

In warm water, I like my Mako Competition Freediving Fins the best.

Of the 4 you mentioned, I tried the DR XTs and the Deep6 Eddy fins. I bought the Deep6. The DR fins were too long and stiff for me. The Deep6 are shorter and stiff and just feel perfect. I have let 3 people (all instructors) try my Deep6 fins now and they all have bought or are buying their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom