Another Glove Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using for what?
Dry suit undergarment?
If you're thinking of using it in lieu of a neoprene glove, you're goning to be sadly disappointed. The water would flow in and out removing the body heat just as it would if you weren't wearing a glove at all, the only difference being that it would take just a little bit longer.

The Kraken:
Using for what?
Dry suit undergarment?
If you're thinking of using it in lieu of a neoprene glove, you're goning to be sadly disappointed. The water would flow in and out removing the body heat just as it would if you weren't wearing a glove at all, the only difference being that it would take just a little bit longer.

Sorry. Forgot the word "dry" in the title.

Is there a reason not to use these as a dry glove liner?

Well, I'm currently using a black fleece glove (single layer) as a liner and it's working fine. I'd probably avoid the ones with the plasticised palm though. Get something that's thin and has good insulative qualities. Bulky ones will suck as your dexterity will be lost.

I'm considering getting a polartech, or better quality fleece to see if I can get a little more insulation. My hands get cold after about 45 mins now in 45 deg. water.

The REI ones might be a bit tougher to put on under your dry gloves with those little gripper dots on them. The other ones might work better, the description says they're lycra.

I finally gave up on dry gloves,they just weren't warm enough, with the liners, since I still had wrist seals on the suit. I got some wet three fingered mitts and wear polypropylene liners in them. Last Sunday managed 45 minutes in 37 degree water and it didn't take an hour for feeling to return to my fingers. :)

Actually most shops around here carry gloves that look like that - I don't think they intend them for insulation though as a "wetsuit" glove - just protection . . .

but this is warm water country - drysuits are pretty uncommon...

I know.... I'm no help whatsoever....

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom