Another Henry Ford contraption turns into a vessel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night I’m on patrol, minding my own business, when I see something unusual on the roadway. There were four lines of gravel and dirt running 90 degrees to the travel direction of the paved roadway. These lines went from the road edge to the centerline. These were common marks for a vehicle being towed out of a steep sided ditch or road edge.

I stopped, got out and looked around. I called dispatch and asked if we had any accidents reported there in the past few days. They checked and said no. Hummmmmmmm

As I check the area I can see where the vehicle missed the left hand turn and drifted o the right. The shoulder in that area is no more than 6” but for the most part it’s non-existent. I could see where the right tires went over the edge, traveled approx. 30’ then turned sharply to the right and continued down the roughly 30’ embankment. It appears to have rolled over one time. From there I don’t know how much further it went because it was submerged.

Evidence at the scene shows that the vehicle was removed prior to us finding out about it. It had to be removed by a tow truck. The bank is way to steep and long for anything else to pull it up and back over the edge. At this point we have no idea as to anything that happened. All we know is another vehicle went into the lake.

So your asking yourself which lake this incident occurred at. Where else but the weird little lake in town that causes us so many problems. Fernan, the little 400 acre polluted pain in the butt.

Second left turn (headed east) is where we put the X this time.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=11&X=650&Y=6599&W=1

We need to start offering an Aqua Valet Parking service. Stupid a-- people.

Then to add to the problem they are in the process of building at least two more man made lakes in the local area. Like we don’t have enough water now.

Gary D.

Wait a minute! When you are on patrol you are not supposed to be minding your own business.

Maybe you need special accessments for manmade lakes to help pay for the enhanced dive team. :D

pipedope:
Wait a minute! When you are on patrol you are not supposed to be minding your own business.

Just a figure of speech :D

Maybe you need special accessments for manmade lakes to help pay for the enhanced dive team. :D
We are actively working on that one. The other problem we are trying to work out is access into them. At least one is going to be in a gated community. All but a couple of our gated nightmares are a pain to get into. Not only do they keep problems out they also keep problems in and emergency services out.

Gary D.

Well one good thing Gary, at least they got the car out WITHOUT a dive and the tag along ear infections you are so fond of. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom